+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pot Nets Bayside reported waterspout from yesterday

Pot Nets Bayside reported waterspout from yesterday

here is some pics from pot nets bayside damage
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Pot Nets Bayside reported waterspout from yesterday

Holy smokes! That storm last night was equal to a CAT 1 hurricane, rain wise and the winds were nasty too. Crazy.

What a bummer. Must have been a twister to lift those boats and throw them around like that. Fortunately, my boat wasn't one of them.

wow everyone ok?

WOW! And I thought it was bad that my yard was under 8" of water.
    My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it. –Koos Brandt

The bad thing is that the owner of the boat that is under the upside down pontoon also completely lost his shed. Gone. Just some plywood here and there, and it put the golf cart that was in it on it's side. We can see those boats from our place, but we were extremely lucky. Just some skirting and flashing off, broken fence, and some scratches on my truck from flying flashing.

Here's a link to more photos from Potnets Bayside

http://www.bayside-hoa.com/photoalbu...012/index.html
    Mom's best advice: "Go outside and play."

Wow! My daughter and parents were spent the weekend right across the bay from Pot Nets Bayside. They said the weather was bad, didn't realize it was that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by halfhitch View Post
    Wow! My daughter and parents were spent the weekend right across the bay from Pot Nets Bayside. They said the weather was bad, didn't realize it was that bad.
    Sounds like it was pretty localized... Derecho most likely... Glad no one was hurt...

Quote Originally Posted by dckhd247 View Post
    Sounds like it was pretty localized... Derecho most likely... Glad no one was hurt...
    I'm not disputing that it may have been a Derecho Jeff, I'm just curious. I know absolutely nothing about a Derecho, other than what I just read. The description I read says that a Derecho produces "straight line" winds. Some of those pontoon boats in the pictures look like they were actually picked up and thrown around like would be expected with a tornado or waterspout. Would a "straight line" wind do that?

I was so fixated in checking my own boat I didn't even think to look away from my dock. Saw all kinds of flotsam drifting around my boat and had to zip on over to work to check all the ones there.
    Indian River Marina Fishing reports: indianrivermarina.blogs.delaware.gov/

National Weather service is calling it "Straight Line Winds" not a water spout. Looks like they need to re-evaluate, looks a little bigger than "Straight Line Winds" to me. JMHO.
    My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it. –Koos Brandt

Quote Originally Posted by Sportfisher View Post
    I'm not disputing that it may have been a Derecho Jeff, I'm just curious. I know absolutely nothing about a Derecho, other than what I just read. The description I read says that a Derecho produces "straight line" winds. Some of those pontoon boats in the pictures look like they were actually picked up and thrown around like would be expected with a tornado or waterspout. Would a "straight line" wind do that?
    Walt - No offense meant to DCKHD, but I think we need a professional's opinion on this issue. Someone should contact Sheena Parveen. As I am sure you know, she is a meteorologist and all.

I suppose I am the man for that job. I'll schedule a meeting and back to you all.

NWS agrees with me... I rest my case.

HA!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Besides a few big limbs down and 1 toasted tv. I'd say we did ok compared to those poor folks. I know it really got nasty. Sometime around 3:45 I saw a bright flash then a loud crack and boom followed by a short loud buzzing noise. I thought for sure everything that had a plug on it was going to be zapped. Scott

Another thing to consider is that the damage only occurred in a VERY small and limited area. Boats and mobile homes only a football field or two away suffered zero damage, with not even the flags and pennants flying on those boats or the biminis that were up on many of them being ripped off or damaged in any way. Weird!

Sportfisher I noticed that too. No matter what you call it, it didn't have a very wide path. I will say though it kind of makes you wonder with the sandy soil and the size of some of these old trees ...nevermind. Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Sportfisher View Post
    Another thing to consider is that the damage only occurred in a VERY small and limited area. Boats and mobile homes only a football field or two away suffered zero damage, with not even the flags and pennants flying on those boats or the biminis that were up on many of them being ripped off or damaged in any way. Weird!
    EXACTLY how it was here in MD in July when we had one... Crazy stuff...

Walt, I hope the pontoons all on top of each other keeps Wendy from buging me so much about getting rid of the parker and getting one. (Fat Chance of that)
    Indian River Marina Fishing reports: indianrivermarina.blogs.delaware.gov/

Chief - Better not risk it and get a heavier boat at that!! Maybe some more motors or a bigger gas tank would help weigh it down!

They definately weren't straight line winds. We have a pear tree close to where my truck was parked, and I was watching it as the "spout" went through. The tree was really bending for a big tree, and I watched it change directions very quickly a few times. That's when I knew it was more than a regular storm. As soon as the winds died down, we rushed up to our boat to inspect. I was amazed that they were all fine. I checked on yours, Chief, as well just to make sure she was floating ok.

+ Reply to Thread